Fun and easy Halloween treats to make with kids! Last night my 8-year-old and I made these adorable mini pumpkins for Halloween. The pumpkins are very simple and a blast to make. This was our first time making these and they didn’t turn out too bad considering my 8-year-old did most of them!
- 1 box Rice Crispy Cereal
- 1 bag of marshmallows
- 1 bag of tootsie rolls
- Orange food coloring (we used Color Garden because it is 100% plant-based)
- Black sparkle gel
- Green decorating icing
- In a microwave safe bowl add 40 marshmallows, melt for 1 min, then 30 seconds until it is melted
- Add orange dye to melted marshmallows
- 4 cups of rice crispy cereal, add more if needed
- Roll into balls, about the size of a tennis ball
- Set on a cookie sheet and allow the little pumpkins to set (20 min)
- Use black sparkle gel to draw on eyes and mouth
- Use green decorating icing to add leaves
- Roll out tootsie rolls to use as stump and add-on top
The mini pumpkins have been a HUGE hit! I gave them to the his teacher, school nurse, the wonderful women who help at the office in his school and everyone on our street. I just got back from lunch with my brother and just walking through the restaurant everyone was telling me how cute they were. I hope your friends and family love them too, Happy Halloween!