It is a little chilly today in Southern California (the low 60’s, haha) so I wanted to make something delicious to warm us up. My house smells so good right now because of this soup! I don’t cook a lot with my crock pot, however this recipe is so easy and delicious I had to share. All of the ingredients I purchased are from Trader Joe’s so some of the items are kind of specific. I always buy organic when I have the option but some items at Trader’s are not available in organic yet, like the corn.
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 30 oz. Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 Organic Green Onions chopped
- 1 Small Can Organic Tomato Sauce
- 1 Small Can Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles
- 1 Can Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 Can Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can Organic Black Beans
- 1 Package Trader Joe’s Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Trader Joe’s Crushed Garlic
Combine all ingredients into your crock pot (except the black beans, add the beans when only 2 hours left) Set the cook time on low for 6-7 hours, after 3-4 hours shred the chicken. Once completely cooked add cilantro, avocado, tortilla chips, shredded cheese and sour cream. Add a lime for garnish and enjoy!