A few months ago I saw the Heaven Sent Breathable Crib Mattress online and was blown away by it. It is specifically designed to be the safest crib mattress available on the market for a baby. Unlike many foam and cotton filled mattresses the Secure Beginnings Breathable Mattress is made with a breathable fabric. It is made from an open weave spacer fabric, the open knit porous surface allows for passive airflow. With this mattress the only other layer is air, beautiful breathable air for your baby. Babies could be face down on the mattress and still be able to breathe. That is the biggest WOW for any mattress I have ever heard of.
As we all know doctors recommend babies are put on their back to sleep, but what happens when babies begin to roll over? For some babies that is as early as 2 months. Babies placed on their backs and roll to their stomachs for the first time have an increased rate of 20% for SIDS/asphyxia. The rates increase for babies who have been swaddled.
Being a ‘green mom’ I love that Secure Beginnings products have NO toxic chemicals. All of their products go far above and beyond the industry standards for safety. Some other organic mattresses have rubber or latex products in them which can cause serious allergic reactions in your baby or you. The side of the breathable crib mattress are made from solid hardwood maple and poplar. The region the wood is from is known for its renewable wood harvesting, recycling, and conservation efforts. The wood finishes are plant based and contain no aniline dyestuffs, no gilsonite or asphalt, no aromatic solvents and no formaldehyde. Another ‘green’ thing I love about this product is the bottom section of the crib is made from recycled milk jugs. Which is something almost no other company can say.
- Base size: 50-7/8″ x 27-1/4″ x 5-3/4″
- The supremely comfortable and eco-friendly Secure Beginnings SafeSleep Breathable Crib Mattress provides safe and cozy sleep for baby.
- Two-piece, hygienic Secure Beginnings SafeSleep Breathable Crib Mattress includes a crib base and a firm crib mattress.
- A bed of air is layered between the mattress and base of the Secure Beginnings SafeSleep Breathable Crib Mattress, which allows baby to breathe in oxygen-rich air in case he or she rolls into a face-down position.
- The patented airflow design of the Secure Beginnings SafeSleep Breathable Crib Mattress lessens the risk of overheating.
- With plenty of safety and convenient features, the machine washable Secure Beginnings SafeSleep Breathable Crib Mattress offers firmness throughout and contours right where it’s needed for the best night’s sleep.
- The integrated safety welting around the Secure Beginnings SafeSleep Breathable Crib Mattress Sleep Surface prevents any gaps between the side of the crib mattress and the sides of the crib, and is also breathable.
- Base is solid poplar.
- Espresso Painted Finish.
- Stainless Steel hardware.
- Sleep surface is a 3D medical grade spacer fabric that has a drying rate of over 50% quicker than a thin cotton.
- No chemicals used for fire proofing or waterproofing .
The Secure Beginnings Breathable Crib Mattress comes in many different style,s colors, wood finishes and prices. The prices beginning as low as $315. To see the full line of Breathable Crib Mattresses click here. USE CODE: SAVVY for a $80 discount!
This is a sponsored post, all thoughts and opinions are my own.