TGIF is back and features great music, food and a chance to dance the night away with friends and neighbors. Please remember no pets and only low back chairs.
Food vendors are on site where you can purchase a delicious variety of food options or bring your own picnic, simple or complex. Family Open Studios On-the-Go free art-making workshops will be there for the whole family to create together.
There will be plenty of great prize packages available in the Friend’s of the Arts opportunity drawing. The proceeds help support art and culture in our city and bring you great programs.
For questions please contact the Cultural Arts Office at email@example.com All concerts are from 6 to 8 p.m. Fields open at 4 p.m. The full summer lineup may be found below.
Stagecoach Community Park
3420 Camino de los Coches
- June 23 – Sue Palmer & Her Motel Swing Orchestra, Blues/Boogie WoogieBest known for her beehive-wearing stint with blues diva Candye Kane in the ’90’s, Sue Palmer has been making her mark in the last decade with her high-energy band, the Motel Swing Orchestra, and her flashy boogie woogie stylings. Sue is known widely as San Diego’s Queen of Boogie Woogie.
- June 30 – Morgan Leigh Band, Pop CountryMorgan Leigh Band is one of Southern California’s hardest working, high energy country bands. They will keep the party rocking all night long, performing all your favorite country hits as well as songs from their original debut album Trouble. Morgan Leigh was a contestant on American Idol, a Texaco Country Showdown State Winner and nominated for Best Country/Americana by San Diego Music Awards.
Poinsettia Community Park
6600 Hidden Valley Road
- July 7 – Robert Jon & The Wreck, Southern Rock/Country BluesRobert Jon & The Wreck is quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with. Based out of Orange County, this quintet is dedicated, driven,and committed to giving their fans a powerful rock and roll show – night after night and town after town. This team of follicular proficient troubadours isn’t slowing down anytime soon, recently releasing their sophomore album, Good Life Pie.
- July 14 – The Routine, Soul/Rock/FunkThe Routine is a five-piece rock collective from San Diego that defies categorization in today’s genre-driven media cloud. A sonic melting pot of electric blues, soul and world styling, they are not simply a band. And they are anything but “routine”. Russell Ramo, guitar player and son of Syrian immigrants, explains, “Just by looking at us, you see the story of global artistic culture: Black, White, European, Middle Eastern and Latino. We epitomize diversity and the strength of its unity.”
- July 21 – Feufollet, CajunWhile Feufollet remains central to the neo-traditionalist brush fire they helped ignite as youths, their album, En Couleurs found the band coming into its own and pushing the envelope, leading the way once again as Cajun music extends itself into a new century. It was praised by the New York Times, Garden & Gun and Elvis Costello who proclaimed En Couleurs is the most beautifully melodic album I’ve heard all year.”
Calavera Hills Community Park
2997 Glasgow Drive
- July 28 – The Spazmatics, 80’s CoversAll the awesome sounds, styles and way cool dance steps from the 1980’s decade we’d love to forget. Complete with skinny ties, Brill Creamed hair, and horn-rimmed glasses, The Spazmatics recapture all the best of the worst. Outstanding musicianship combined with creative flair and style makes for an evening of pure energy and entertainment.
- August 4 – High Tide Society, 70/Yacht RockHigh Tide Society, formerly AM Gold, is keeping it classy and re-creating all of your 70’s and early 80’s soft-rock hits from artists like Ambrosia, America, Steely Dan, Kenny Loggins, Exile, Orleans, Air Supply, Little River Band, Toto, Hall & Oates, Christopher Cross and more.
Alga Norte Community Park
6565 Alicante Road
- August 11 – The Mighty Untouchables, Party Cover Band
This supreme multi-cultural mix of musicians and singers entertain throughout the world and are guaranteed to please audiences of all tastes with their extensive and diverse collection of material. Their repertoire includes songs from Bruno Mars, CeeLo Green, Earth, Wind & Fire, Four Tops, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson, Prince, Santana, AC/DC, Stevie Wonder, The Temptations and Celia Cruz just to name a few!
- August 18 – JazzKatz Orchestra with Whitney Shay, Big Band/SwingDirected by Chaz Cabrera and Whitney Shay, the JazzKatz members are some of the finest and most experienced jazz musicians hand-picked in the San Diego area. The JazzKatz exhibit a passion for modern to classic jazz and emulates the swing sounds of big band music, helping to create a distinctive style that is their own, and never fails to impress.