Families can take a ride on a magical holiday train with Santa, Mrs. Claus and friends on Saturday, December 10. North County Transit District’s Coaster Holiday Express is a specially decorated train ride that features photo opportunities with Santa and classic carol singing for children of all ages. Each 65-minute Holiday COASTER Express ride travels non-stop and roundtrip from Oceanside to Solana Beach. The ride is recommended for families with children between the ages of 3 and 10. Be sure to bring your camera for tons of photo opportunities throughout the train ride.
Last year we had so much fun taking our son on the Coaster Holiday Express, see picture above. It is only $10 per person this year with departure times of 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. from the Oceanside transit center. Please note tickets are NOT available day of and it will SELL OUT AND FAST! Tickets may be purchased on Thursday, November 3rd in person at a transit center or online here.
Saturday, December 10
Trains departing from Oceanside Transit Center at 10am, 12pm & 2pm
Visit with Santa Claus, his merry elves and the beautiful ice queen & snow princess while singing along with carolers
On-sale date: Thursday, November 3
Tickets: $10 per person (limit 10/person)
Purchase tickets online (link available at 8am on 11/3/16) or at the Oceanside Transit Center (205 S. Tremont St, Oceanside), open Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR THE HOLIDAY EXPRESS
* Passengers must present a ticket to board the COASTER Holiday Express
* Every person must have a ticket (including children of all ages)
* The Holiday Express is recommended for families with children between the ages of 3 & 10
* Do not bring food, beverages, strollers, or bicycles on board the train. Water & small snacks okay.
* Total trip time is approximately 65 minutes
* The trains depart ON TIME. As this event is usually sold out, we will not be able to accommodate late arrivals. Plan to arrive at least 20 minutes before your departure to find parking.
* The Holiday Express will operate rain or shine.