Lasagna is really one of my favorite meals to make at home, maybe because I’m part Italian who knows. Recently my hubby and I became vegan to support my mother who is going through chemotherapy. I was worried I couldn’t make lasagna anymore mainly because of the vegan cheese. We have tried a few different types, Dayia and the store brand from Trader Joe’s. Dayia has a better taste, but the Trader Joe’s brand melts a lot better. Below you will find my recipe for a delicious vegan lasagna, I purchased everything from Trader Joe’s.
Needed: Vegan cheese, beef-less ground beef, no-boil lasagna noodles, organic spaghetti sauce, organic onion, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Saute’ medium onion 5-6 minutes
- In a large bowl poor some of the spaghetti sauce to dip the noodles in before putting in the baking dish
- Cover lasagna noodle with spaghetti sauce and place in dish
- 1 tbsp onion on top of noodle
- 2 tbsp beef-less ground beef on top of onion
- 2 tbsp spaghetti sauce, or enough to cover entire noodle
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- A dash of salt & pepper
- Repeat steps 3 -8 until near the top of baking dish
- Put in oven at 350 for 40 minutes
- Remove from oven
- 1/4 cup of vegan cheese, sprinkle on top
- Place back in oven for a few minutes until the cheese has melted (depending on your oven it may only need 2 min)